Looking for something different but filling?
- 50g/2oz coconut oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium potato, peeled and chopping into chunks
- 450ml/16fl oz of vegetable stock
- 600ml/1 pint of goat or almond milk
- 450g/1lb of spinach
- finely grated zest of half a lemon
- freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- Melt the oil and add onion and garlic, cook slowly for one minute.
- Add stock and potato and cook for 8-10 minutes until potato is cooked through.
- Add milk and bring to a simmer, add salt and pepper and lemon zest
- Transfer to a blender and blend adding spinach. Soup should be bright green.
- Return to pan and heat through. Add nutmeg if desired, ladle into bowls and serve
- If you’re not vegan or vegetarian, stir in a little cream for added richness.